Stores to racks , racks to rows, rows to cell, cell to books..
Library has a very important role in the field of education. It is considered as the brain of any education institute. Today education institutes understand the importance of the library with the regular increase in education standards. A trustworthy web-based library management system provides a complete resolution for students, librarians, and faculty members. In any school, it's too hard to maintain record of books since they have students from 1st standard up to the graduation or post-graduation level, if students wants to take any particular books from the bookcase, it's very hard to search manually.
Library management systems help libraries keep track of the books and their checkouts, as well as members subscriptions and profiles.
This module also involve maintaining the database for entering new and recording books that have been borrowed with their respective due dates.
We will focus on the following set of requirements while designing the advanced featured School Management System:
- Any library members should be able to search for books by their title, author.
- Each volume will have a unique barcode. The system will be able to read barcodes from particular product.
- There could be more than one copy of a book, and library members should be able to check-out and reserve any copy. We will call each copy of that particular item.
- The system should be able to retrieve information like who took a particular book or what are the books checked-out by a specific member.
- There should be a maximum limit (5) on how many books a member can check-out.
- There should be a maximum limit (10) on how many days a member can keep it.
- The system should be able to collect fines for books returned after the due date.
- The system should be able to send notifications whenever the reserved publications become available, as well as when the book is not returned within the due date.
- Each product will have a unique identification number and other details including a rack number which will help to physically locate it.